Air conditioning services in ME & NH
If you have been looking for ways to improve the cooling system in your home or at your business, count on P. Gagnon & Son for expert air conditioning maintenance and professional air conditioning repairs. We also have years of experience with the installation of mini-split, ductless air conditioning systems.
Ductless and compact, single-zone systems
If you live in an older house or building that doesn’t have ductwork, ductless systems can be a perfect cooling solution for you. Ductless systems are also ideal for hard-to-cool areas such as room additions, basements and garages.
We also install compact and single-zone cooling units to address comfort issues in individual rooms. This option is ideal for sunrooms, wine cellars or corner bedrooms. Best of all, there is no need to install expensive ductwork to get the same cooling power of a central system for your most challenging spaces.
Benefits of a ductless air conditioning system
- Efficiency – Ductless A/C systems are extremely efficient, with most models having SEER ratings of 20 or more – well more than the required 14 rating (and far higher than window units, which typically run in the 14-15 SEER range (at least some of this bump in efficiency comes from eliminating the need for ducts, which are notorious for their air leaks).
- Flexibility – A mini-split’s air handler (the indoor unit that hangs on your wall) can be placed in hard-to-cool areas anywhere in your house – even in rooms with no windows. Several air handlers of different sizes can be connected to a single compressor (the outdoor unit), giving you even more flexibility.
- Healthier air – Mold, microorganisms, and allergens can flourish inside your home’s ductwork; without ducts, a mini-split system will help your family breathe easier – especially family members with allergies or asthma.
- Whisper quiet operation – Much like a central air conditioner, the condenser in a ductless system lives outside your home – not in your window. You’ll enjoy quiet operation in your living room, bedrooms and other areas of your home.
- More window space – A ductless air conditioner mounts on your wall, connecting to its condenser via a small pipe through an external wall. That means you’ll get your window space back – and the view and light that comes with it.
- Less environmental impact – With a ductless system you’ll not only save energy, you’ll also use an ozone-friendly refrigerant called R410A.
Best of all, some of today’s advanced mini-split systems can also be used for supplemental heat, providing a year-round high-efficiency comfort solution for your home!
Full Bloom: Save up to $2,000
Buy one indoor Mitsubishi Electric ductless mini-split system and get a $1,000 rebate from Efficiency Maine. Buy two systems and get up to $1,500 in rebates. We’ll add $500 to your rebate. Ends 5/31/20. Click here for details.
Smart and programmable thermostats
An efficient cooling system combined with a smart thermostat can really reduce your energy burden. Controlling your air conditioning system with a smart thermostat allows you to preset the temperature of your home according to your needs and lifestyle.
Lowering the temperature when you are at work or away on vacation can help you save on your energy bills and it’s not unusual to see average savings of 10% over your usual annual energy spending.
Full-service air conditioning repair and maintenance
Even if you aren’t ready to commit to a brand-new high-efficiency ductless air conditioning system, you can count on P. Gagnon & Son for our air conditioning expertise. We provide air conditioning repair and service for all makes and models, serving all of York County as well as Rockingham and Strafford counties in New Hampshire.
We have been serving our residential and commercial customers with a high standard of service excellence since 1904, proving that we are number one in the cooling (and heating) business.
Don’t trust your comfort to anyone but the best: Contact P. Gagnon today and find out how easy it is to achieve greater comfort and reliability while lowering your energy bill through more efficient air conditioning.